From the editorial note of the Statesman dated 8 July 1901, it is revealed that one Captain Moore
of the Indian Ordnance department was assigned the task of creating facilities at Ishapore for turning
out 25,000 rifles and carbines annually on the lines of an existing factory at Sparkbrook near Birmingham.
The site of gun powder factory was selected for setting up this factory. On completion of the work,
production started from 20th September 1904. The factory was renamed as Rifle Factory, Ishapore More >>